Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Summer in the City

1) Finish re-reading The Canterville Ghost, taking notes on updating it for new YA

2) Pay credit card bill

3) Email new partial to critique partner for notes

4) Register for National

5) Have lunch with good friend (postponed to next week)

6) Upload picture to JDate and New York Post dating column (taking care of today)

7) Pick up laundry and dry cleaning

8) Have hair finally trimmed

9) Write July Presidents letter after deciding what I will write about.

10) Return library books

11) Send out first YA partial to list of 5 other agents

12) Donate books and clothing to Library and Goodwill

13) Go to Museum Mile with friend

14) Do Taste of Times Square with friend (friend bowed out, went alone)

15) Email editors at Dorchester and Time Warner to see if available to judge Love & Laughter contest

16) Write up Market News and Calendar of Events for newsletter

17) Book flights for National

18) Make plans for September London research trip

19) Buy tickets to Dixie Chicks concert if still available

20) Contacting spaces for 20th Anniversary Golden Apple Awards

21. Look for roommate for National on message boards, but also make hotel reservation.

Not too shabby! I've done about half the things on my list so far this week. Still have about ten more to do.

Last night went to Museum Mile, which is the one night of the year that about eight museums are open free to the public along Fifth Avenue. This was my first year going but I've learned two things. 1) If something is free, everyone and their mother will be there 2) Sachertorte is now my favorite dessert!

In other news, Mr. Flake called last night to tell me that 'his weekend got away from him' which is why he didn't return my call Friday. WTF? Anyway, he's out of town until Sunday which is when I will return his phone call. Hey, my week got away from me!

No comments: