Monday, June 05, 2006

June Forecast

I've been a really bad blogger lately because I'm in a rush to finish editing and revising my manuscript for the agent who asked for the full. I'm being very anal retentive about this book for a change, wanting to make sure there are no typos, every comma is where it's should be, and there are no plot holes.

I actually sat down last night and read the first 160 pages all the way through for content, and I have to say the book does not suck, which is an accomplishment in it's own way. In fact, there are parts of it that I have no recollection of, but I guess I wrote it. I mean it's in the manuscript. It's actually quite entertaining in places, and I've cleaned up most of the lunkhead moments. Just a few more tweaks and it's out the door (cross your fingers) by Wednesday.

Than it's on to revising another partial I have to get to an agent, and starting to write yet another partial, plus getting ready for Hotlanta. However, I did have time to peek at my horoscope on Publisher's Marketplace. Ahem:

Libra: Your love life takes up a great deal of your energy, and if you only put it into your work, you'd be happier and better off fiscally. Try obsessing about your characters next move, and less about who you might sleep with next.

(That's funny! What love life? I got one email from a guy I met speed-dating, I emailed him back with my schedule and I never heard from him again, so I think I have plenty of time for writing.)

Scorpio: You have the support of the Universe for your work. You've got God in your corner, so to speak, for at least the next 18 mos. Why waste it going to the beach?

(Wow, God and the universe? Please let this mean an agent and a publishing contract! Anyway it takes at least an hour to get to any beach here in New York, so I don't think I'll be hitting the beach too hard this summer).

Well, back to the grindstone. Wish me luck!

Thanks for reading.

EKM

1 comment:

MJFredrick said...

GOOD LUCK!