Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Memories of Venice

In honor of the release of Amanda McCabe's first Harlequin Historical (which I just picked up at Barnes and Noble, I had the great honor of hanging out with Amanda in the Grand Lounge in Atlanta last year), I thought I would share some of my pictures from my trip to Venice a few years ago. I had long dreamed of going to Venice, hopefully with that special someone, taking a gondola ride, staying at the Danieli. Well, the years were going by and that wasn't happening (I couldn't even get ex-sweetie pie to come and visit me in London, and he wouldn't have had to pay for a hotel room) so the year I turned 40 I decided to treat myself to a trip to Venice.

So of course, I decide that the best way to see Venice is during Carnivale, that festival which literally means End of Meat, since it ocurrs before Lent. My friends and I stayed in a lovely little flat on the Fondamente Nuove right near the canal. Literally. If any of us had been too drunk and walked too far, we would have fallen right in.



This is my friend Bella and I at the final night ball during Carnivale.






A lovely view of Piazza San Marco. On left is Cafe Florian where we spent many a day sipping frothy cappucino's, and Prosecco.











Okay, I'm not sure where I took this one.

Or this one. But aren't they pretty?

Anyway, go out and pick up a copy of Amanda's book today!

Thanks for reading,

EKM

2 comments:

Amanda McCabe/Amanda Carmack/Laurel McKee said...

Elizabeth! Megan sent me over here, and I can't believe you mentioned my book!!! I am so excited. And very, very jealous that you were in Venice for Carnivale. Next year in the bar at RWA, you have to tell me all about it. :)

And yes, I DO think Hershey's is the devil!

Elizabeth Kerri Mahon said...

You're welcome Amanda. Anything I can do get the word out. I can't wait to read it, but must finish HP7 first.