Monday, July 09, 2007

Mercury in Retrograde is kicking my ass!

For those who don't believe in astrology, please feel free to ignore this post, for those who do, perhaps you feel my pain.

Mercury in Retrograde means that the planet Mercury which governs communication, etc. is traveling backwards in the sky meaning that things have a tendency to get screwed up.

Little things, like losing documents on the computer, emails that never show up, phone calls that never get returned. In my case, its included a DVD that is now stuck in the player, losing my iPod, getting stuck in traffic for over an hour on the way back from New Jersey, I can't get into the web-site to schedule my next cycle for my night job, the list goes on.

I'm distraught at losing my iPod, but the biggest pain is having the DVD stuck. I can't get it out, it's from the library, so I may have to pay for it, if it stays stuck. Oy!

Not to mention the bitch of a time I've had at my day job trying to get computer applications approved for the new hire on the sales desk. My biggest pet peeve with this job is that the assistants have to do all this stuff ourselves, and it involves dealing with multiple groups, instead of one central group. Every other investment bank I've worked for as had office managers or floor administrators who dealt with all this stuff.


The Italian Stallion who I've been corresponding with on Match.com for the past several weeks blew me off when I tried to schedule a lunch date with him this Sunday. I even gave this guy my cell phone number to call. Nada. Which is funny since for weeks he's been emailing about how sexy I am, my stunning smile, my eyes etc. To the point where it was getting kind of creepy, but I thought hey, he's Italian. And still no word from the sweetie pie I have a crush on.

And I'm not the only one affected. Apparently Miss New Jersey is being blackmailed into giving up her crown. Wow, I had no idea that someone could want to be Miss New Jersey that badly.

Sad note, Kathleen Woodiwiss passed away on Friday. She was one of the first historical romance authors that I read after Rosemary Rogers from what we now call the Golden Age of historicals. Back in the days when authors could write 600 page epics that spanned years. The Flame and the Flower was one of my favorites that I read over and over, despite that whole rape thing between Heather and Brandon in the first chapters.

There was a time when I read everything she wrote from the Wolf and the Dove, through Shanna. I can still remember sitting in class in high school, book bag on my desk, as I devoured her books. Sadly, I felt the quality of her work suffered in the past several years, as the market changed, so I haven't read anything she's written since the late eighties. Still, I remember her fondly and my fumbling attempts to write like her when I first started writing romance in high school.

Thanks for reading!

EKM

No comments: