Monday, December 24, 2007

Fun with Synopsis, Not!


So it's the day before Christmas and I'm here at my day job trying to be productive, since I don't have any real day job stuff to do. I thought I might try and put together the first draft of my synopsis for my new historical YA which I'm calling Veiled Beauty. Here's what I've come up with so far:

Rose Healy arrives at Beardsley College as part of the Class of 1899, eager to start
her new life. However she has a secret that could ruin her life if revealed. While
adjusting to the academic rigors of college life, stuff happens and much fudge is eaten.
As the year progresses, she discovers she’s not the only one who has a secret that
could change everything.
Scintillating no? Of course not, it sucks! But at least I've started the process of writing it down and not just twiddling my thumbs thinking about the book or "plotting." Now I just have to write out a short 3-5 page synopsis which I will then refine. After that comes the chapter by chapter breakdown to make sure that I have enough tension in the story.
Ooh, I'm buying a ticket to see Sweeney Todd tomorrow because nothing says Christmas like lots of blood and Johnny Depp singing.
Happy Holidays,
EKM

No comments: