Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Las Vegas vs. Miami

My birthday is in less than two months, so I'm trying to decide what I want to do this year. Normally for my birthday I invite people out for drinks at some trendy restaurant or bar. Last year it was Flute, a champagne bar, and then on my actual birthday which was Election Day, I flew to London and officially celebrated the big one with my London friends. Jerry Springer, the Opera and dinner at the Wolsley. Probably one of the best birthdays I've ever spent, plus it was the 20th anniversary of my friendship with my friend Patrick.

This year, I'm thinking of getting the hell out of dodge and taking the act on the road. Right now the top two choices are Miami vs. Las Vegas, two places that I have never been but have always wanted to go. Sin City vs. gorgeous Art Deco Hotels, and a sandy beach. Both adult playgrounds.

It's a tough call. Of course, it's all in the name of research. There is a scene in Nearly Famous thats set in Las Vegas, so really I'd just be checking to make sure all my details are correct, as well as having fun. And Miami, well there are all kinds of stories that could come out of my trip to Miami, so really both trips would be a tax write-of as well as a birthday celebration.

Of course, I'd have to see which ones of my intrepid girlfriends are up to the task of going on a road trip with me to celebrate my birthday. I know that my BFF would be happy to go to either place.

I figure that we should be able to get a good deal on a hotel room since the trip would be in the middle of the week, and there are certainly a lot of flights from Newark to both places. And both cities have a Joe's Stone Crab House. Frankly, I'm leaning more toward Las Vegas. Ex sweetie pie could drive up from LA to party with us, and maybe I can convince some LA chicks to join in on the fun. I'm dying to stay at the Bellagio, but I'd settle for the Hard Rock or the Palms.

Granted, this trip all depends on whether or not i have the benjamins to spend. I may end up having to go to Mohegan Sun for my birthday. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but it ain't Vegas.

1 comment:

Marley Gibson said...

I will always recommend Miami. And not just Miami...South Beach. I think you'd totally love it. And if you go, let me know and I can hook you up with a fun (and inexpensive) art deco hotel and some kick ass restaurants! Go to Miiiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaami!

= )