Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Playing Catch-Up

It seems no matter what I do, I'm playing catch-up. I have so many things going on right now, that it's hard to keep them all straight.

Next week is our annual Wine & Cheese reception, now renamed the Golden Apple Awards, and I'm so excited about the whole thing I can't stand it. Our awards are beautiful, and I have high hopes that the event will come off well. Right now, we're a little low on industry people and attendees, but it all seems to come together two days before the event, when we're scrambling to make badges.

This is the first year that I will be actually hosting the event, although I was the reception chair for four years. I'm also the program chair for our chapter as well as being President, and of course, my thoughts are running to what can I do in 2006 to make our programs so exciting that members will want to come to the meetings! Also, how can I best serve our published authors to get them more involved in the chapter, in between meeting their various deadlines and dealing with their personal lives.

I also have to write my monthly President's letter tonight, and once again I'm at a complete loss as to what I'm going to be writing about. I never know ahead of time, I usually start off on one tangent and then end up on a completely different one. All I know is that it will involve Paranormals in some way since this is our focus for the October Keynotes issue.

I also have to confirm with our October speakers, and then give the go-ahead for our treasurer to order their books for the after program booksigning.

Yikes! Plus I'm working 5 nights a week, and still looking for a day job. Somewhere in their, I need to find the time to do my own writing. And get some sleep.

No comments: