Tuesday, September 13, 2005

There's always something!

Ever have one of those days where nothing seems to go right? Where you just want to go back to bed and wake up again, kind of like a do-over? Like Groundhog Day but without the pesky replaying of the same day over and over again. That's what my life was like yesterday.

It started off well, the sun was out and then went rapidly down hill, from the lack of working computers at the library to the non-starter of my job last night. Just one mess after another.

First the computers. As you all know, my modem is kaput and I'm too broke to buy a new one, so I've been using the free computers at my local library. I get 45 minutes, and sometimes extra if they aren't busy. Yesterday, out of the 12 computers my library has, 3 were working. Yes, 3. So I have to wait 2 hours to use the computer.

Than I goofed and forgot my appointment at the Department of Labor. If you get unemployment, you are required to go to these information sessions. Well my mine was yesterday, but I mistakenly thought it was Wednesday. Oops! Hopefully, I'll be able to make it up on another day. Keep your fingers crossed.

Not to mention that I also have to call up and let them that I haven't actually gone back to work yet. I need to keep the unemployment active, until I know that this job is going to fly.

Which brings me to last night. I get to work and discover that I get to watch one of my favorite shows, Prison Break. Great right? Well yeah, but there aren't exactly alot of product placements in a show set in prison, so basically I did nothing. No writing. It was fun, and I get paid, but I was looking forward to actually doing something, not just sitting around watching TV.

Hopefully tonight will be different. Of course, now I'm nervous because last night was such a non-starter. I'm hoping that they pair me up again with another writer, to help me out until I get my footing.

I also might be working another job Thursday night, a Lock and Key party as a coordinator which should be really interesting. I had other plans, but I can't turn down $75 when I'm poor!

1 comment:

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Sorry for the bummer day. Hope it goes better with the job next time!