Saturday, October 15, 2005

Bureacracy Strikes Again!

This is just a short post today. Yesterday, I received yet another rejection for Nearly Famous, this one from a new agency that just opened two months ago. Ouch!

But the kicker was opening my mail box when I got home from work to see that my mother had received a jury duty questionnaire. Which would have been okay except my mother has been deceased for sixteen years now. What confuses me about the whole thing is that I know that I've brought at least 3 death certificates in response to jury duty summons that my mother received after she died.

What did they do with them? Did they just make paper airplanes out of them? Didn't they put this information in their computers? I mean my mother hasn't voted, filled out the census form, filed a tax return or renewed her drivers license. Not to mention the fact that, if she were still alive, she would be 86 years old this year and probably wouldn't have been able to serve anyway!

I'm sure my mother is laughing right now in heaven with my father at the absurdity of receiving a jury questionnaire after all these years.

No comments: