Sunday, October 30, 2005

Things that make you go hmmm!

This is a short blog today. I have a raging headache which I wish I could say was hangover related but I think might be the beginnings of a migraine. Yeah! Just what I need right now. And last night I came home from work to find out that my toilet had sprung a leak. I tried to plug up the leak by wrapping a plastic bag around it, but it's like trying to plug up a hole on the Titanic. A valiant effort but the ship is going down. Of course, the super was no where to be found on a Sunday, so I have to pray that the bags hold until I can call the management office tomorrow to get a plumber to come look at it. Thank god, I work two jobs. In fact, I'm working Halloween to make even more extra money.

In the meantime, I want to recommend a movie for y'all to see. It's called CAMP. It came out a few years ago. Basically it's one summer at performing arts camp in upstate New York, but you don't have to be a performer or have gone to a similar camp to appreciate it. If you've ever gone to sleepover camp, you can relate. I loved it, I can't believe that I've owned the video for two years, and just watched it for the first time.

I also ran into an old friend of mine recently. As we were catching up on each other's lives, he mentioned that he's thinking of running for state office. Now, I've known this guy for 12 years, and I never would have imagined that he had any interest in politics. Immediately, my little plot atenna went up, and never let down as he was telling me his plans. I, of course, instantly saw that this was a good opportunity for me to see what a campaign is like up close. Apparently, I'm also incapable of having any ordinary conversation without thinking about how I can use it in my writing.

And then yesterday, I'm watching I Love the 80's 3-D for I think 1989, when I learned some disturbing info about Disney's The Little Mermaid. It appears that the reverand who marries Ariel and Eric, has a boner during the ceremony. I'm not kidding, they freeze-framed the shot, so that you can see his little cartoon woody. Does Michael Eisner know about this? What other suprises are lurking in those innocent Disney cartoons?

I have to go lie down now and recover from the shock!

No comments: