Friday, September 29, 2006

Grey Friday

You didn't think a Friday would go by without my talking about how much I love Grey's Anatomy. Seriously, I'm obssessed with this show. The day after, I have to read the EW TV Watch review, and the TV Guide Commentary, and then I have to read the Grey Writers blog to get the thoughts behind the episode.

It's sick I tell you. I did watch Ugly Betty before Grey's, and I can tell that it's going to be a guilty pleasure, simply because America Ferrara is so adorable in the role. You just want her to succeed and find a nice guy. Not necessarily her playboy boss, but a guy who really gets her, and doesn't want to change a thing about her.

I'm really hoping that they don't do a Pygmalion on her, the way they do in Devil Wears Prada. I think Betty should learn about fashion but in her own way. The way that Ivana Trump has tons of money but still doesn't know how to dress.

Now for Grey's. Was anyone as surprised as I was when McSteamy came out of the bathroom? Awesome, I totally did not see that coming. And the scene between Bailey and Izzy, where Bailey accepted part of the responsibility for what Izzy did. And Burke's mother gently chiding Cristina for calling Bailey a Nazi. Callie dancing in her underwear and getting caught by the Chief of surgery. The whole episode was just full of gems.

Sigh, I love this show. And I'm totally down with Meredith wanting to date both guys, although we both know she'll end up choosing McDreamy. Anyone who has dated two guys that she's attracted to at the same time knows that it's not quite as much fun as it might seem.

The picture? Well, that's of James Purefoy who plays Mark Antony in Rome. The ABC site didn't have new pictures from last night's episode of Grey's.

In writing news, I actually managed to write 10 pages today on my WIP. I still fell short of about 3 pages of the output I was hoping for this week (30 pages), but I at least managed to write two chapters which was awesome. Now I just have to edit the 4th chapter to post on the board on Monday.

I went back and looked at my synopsis. Boy, was I really about to go off the rails. As it is, I'm about one chapter behind on all the stuff I had planned. But I think it works out better the way that I have it. I now have a really good first act (the first three chapters). I'm hoping to have written at least 60 more pages before I head off to London on the 16th.

I've also emailed the agents who have the manuscript of my first YA, and I need to start querying again this week. I have at least 10 more agents I want to send the manuscript. It's just sheer laziness that I haven't already done it.

Thanks for reading!

EKM

No comments: