Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Playing catch-up

I'm exhausted. I'm off caffeine for five days due to that time of the moon, so I'm cranky, crampy and bitchy. Plus I have fifteen pages to upload for my class and I'm behind. The pages are written but I'm feeling nervous about letting 15 strangers that I've never even met judge my work. Actually when you think about it, it's no different than letting fifteen agents or editors I don't know read my work, so I just need to get over it and do it. I'm not sure why I'm so reluctant or why I'm feeling so needy lately in terms of my work.

Maybe it's because I still haven't heard from the four agents who have either the partials or the full manuscript and I'm kind of getting antsy. I mean, if they really liked it, they would have gotten back to me by now, right?

Sigh!

Saturday was fun. It was RWA NYC's monthly meeting and we had the wonderful Diana Peterfreund come all the way from our nation's capital as a speaker. We also had a mini celebration for Patt, our latest member to sell, which was very sweet and totally unexpected.

Another surprise (particularly for me who was wearing absolutely no make-up) was finding a team from Allure Magazine at the meeting. Apparently Danielle Steel has a new perfume that's coming out soon, and the magazine wanted our reactions to it. It's actually a lovely fragrance that I would go out and buy, then I'm also a perfume whore. One of my favorite things is to go in to Sephora and spritz myself with fragrance.

Watched the Antonio Banderas movie about ballroom dancing. You know the one where he plays a ballroom dancing instructor who decides to teach a group of public school kids in detention to dance as a way of lifting their spirits and inspiring them to achieve. The theory being if you can fox-trot than you can do anything, kind of thing. Can I just say that Antonio Banderas is hot, hot, hot? I mean smoking hot!

I now want to take tango lessons, because it just looked so sensual and fantastic. I can see why Robert Duvall fell under it's spell and ran off with a tango instructor.

My new goals, besides increasing my writing output, is to do things that give me joy. Like dancing, learning to sail, shooting a gun, etc. I'm going on the theory that if you find joy, then other stuff will follow. Frankly I'm getting a little tired of myself, always being depressed and down about not meeting anyone.

So I've decided to choose joy instead!

Thanks for reading.

EKM

1 comment:

MJFredrick said...

I want to see Take the Lead! Glad to hear it was okay.

So my question is, why be off caffeine if you're still crampy and grumpy? ;)