Friday, September 15, 2006

It's Raining Men!



No, it's not really raining men here in New York, although it is raining. I just love that song by the Weather Girls. Just the idea that it could be raining men, and all you had to do was go outside and wait for one to land on you. If he wasn't too heavy!

Of course, according to the new ABC Series Men in Trees, all the eligible men are in Alaska. But according to Lani Diane Rich over at the Literary Chicks, there is a reason all those men in Alaska aren't married. You just knew there had to be a trick!

This is Ioan Gruffud (pronounced Yo-an Griffith). He's Welsh and adorable. Perhaps you've seen in Fantastic Four which was a piece of crap but he was lovely in it. Or the Hornblower movies on A&E, where he's stalwart and handsome. Sort of the naval equivalent of Sharpe.

He's now the new face for Burberry London for Men. If you buy the new issue of Vanity Fair with Tom, Katie and Suri on the cover, you can see his lovely ads with the equally beautiful Rachel Weisz. I often like to spritz myself with Burberry London when I'm in Sephora just to remind myself of my spiritual home.

I once had the privilege of seeing Mr. Gruffud at the Ivy, a rather posh restaurant in the West End of London. He was having dinner with his now fiancee Alice Evans, whom he starred with in 102 Dalmatians and Man about Town, Nicky Haslam. We made eye contact and he smiled at me. Sigh!

Can I just say that he's just as lovely in person as he appears in these pictures?

So since it's Friday, and it's quite nasty out and I still have to finish the second chapter of my WIP, I leave you with these lovely photos of Ioan.

Thanks for reading!

EKM

No comments: