Friday, May 11, 2007

Bowling for Dollars


Last night for the first time in almost 9 years, I went bowling with my group from work. One of our group is leaving to take a new position in the firm, so we all decided instead of hanging out in a bar, we would do something fun together, hence bowling.
Can I just say how much fun I had? Bowling is way cool in a really dorky kind of way. And I suck at it. I mean really suck at it. The good thing is that I wasn't alone in my suckitude. Pretty much everyone else sucked as well apart from a few people who managed to break 100. But nobody sucked as much as me. In the grand scheme of suckage, I was the grand poobah of suckitude.
Seriously, at one point I dropped the ball behind me when I was getting ready to bowl. That's how bad I am. But it doesn't' matter because I had fun. This is a big thing for me because I am a perfectionist. If I can't do something well, I don't want to do it all. So the fact that I can go bowling and suck and be cool about it, is a huge step for me.
Now I can't wait to go bowling again!
Thanks for reading,
EKM

No comments: