Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Cute Summer Shoes



So, the parent company of Gap/Old Navy/Banana Republic has just opened an on-line shoe store called Piperlime. I have no idea where they got the name from, but they do have some really cute summer shoes.


Like the pink number on the left. Isn't it adorable. Notice the sweet little bow, and the not too high heel. Would be perfect with a white skirt.




Then we have this red pair below. I have never owned a pair of red shoes before, but I think I may have to make an exception for this pair. What I like about them is that they are kind of the type of shoe that you would see women wearing in the 1940's. I have absolutely nothing in my closet that would go with this pair of shoes, but that has never stopped me before from buying a pair of shoes that I liked.
I'm the type of woman who builds her wardrobe around her shoes. I used to be the opposite. I wouldn't buy a pair of shoes that I liked if I had nothing currently in my closet that matched the shoes. Looking back on in it now, I think about all the great shoes I could have owned. Now if I see a hot pair of shoes like the ones on the left, I'm more inclined to buy them and then go shopping for outfits that would go with the shoe. Not necessarily vintage clothes, because that might be a little too matchy-matchy, but definitely retro vintage like Betsey Johnson would work with these shoes.
Finally, I found a nice pair of white Via Spiga sling-backs that I definitely plan on buying. They're white patent leather, and they would go great with several outfits I already own. Plus they're not too expensive. I shudder at the idea of paying $800 for a pair of shoes, although that was the plan when I turned 40. I was going to splurge and buy a pair of Manolo Blahniks or Jimmy Choos. Instead, I went to Venice.
Thanks for reading!
EKM

1 comment:

Megan Frampton said...

That second pair is awesome! I'd say wear it with a pencil skirt and a short-sleeve sweater top; maybe a jaunty scarf, too.