Saturday, May 24, 2008

Royal Weddings Week

Tis the season for weddings and this week there are not one, but two Royal Weddings. The last time this occurred was about four years ago when Prince Frederik of Denmark married Mary Donaldson and his first cousin Prince Felipe of Spain married his bride Letizia.




Last Saturday was the first wedding for one of the Queen's grandchildren. Her grandson Peter Phillips (son of Princess Anne) married Autumn Kelly, a lovely Canadian that he met at the Montreal Grand Prix a few years ago. They were married at St. George's chapel in Windsor.


Unfortunately Prince William was unable to attend, having a prior committment to serve as best man at a friend's wedding in Kenya. But his girlfriend, Kate Middleton and Prince Harry's girlfriend, Chelsy Davy, were at the wedding.


This weekend sees the wedding of Prince Joachim of Denmark and his bride Marie. This is Joachim's second marriage. He was married before to Princess Alexandra, who since her remarriage is known as the Countess of Frederiksborg. They had two sons. Marie is French, like Joachim's father.

I love weddings and nothing is better than a royal wedding.

2 comments:

missfine said...

Love the young royals? Me too! In fact I loved them so much that I wanted to BE ONE. So when I was 20-years-old, I moved away from my hippy parents and my tiny American farm town and settled in glorious London where I hit practically every party in town as I searched for my real-life prince! The hilarious true story of my quest to become a princess has just been published. It's called SOMEDAY MY PRINCE WILL COME - and if anyone will love it, you royal watchers will!
check out www.jerramyfine.com - and let me know what you think!

Elizabeth Kerri Mahon said...

Its in my TBR pile Jerramy. Did you meet up with Prince Nickolas of Greece? He's pretty hot and single.