Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Tag Tuesday





So I've been tagged by the marvelous Maureen for this meme:



1. Pick up the nearest book.

2. Open to page 123

3. Find the fifth sentence.

4. Post the next three sentences.

5. Tag five people and post a comment to the person who tagged you once you’ve posted your three sentences.



Okay, so the instructions imply fiction, but I'm at work and most of what I have here are non fiction and biographies, so I randomly grabbed REBEL ANGELS by Libba Bray which is a book that's been sitting on my desk since I finished it last fall (I swear I have almost as many books at work as I do at home).



What if Pippa is right and these men cannot be trusted at all? I can feel the man in the black suit closing in. I I were to scream, who would hear me above the hiss and snarl of the trains?




Wow. Doesn't that just grab you and make you want to read more? Find out who those men are who can't be trusted and who the man is that is following her?



Okay, so now I have to think of some people to tag, and I guess it would be pretty rude to tag anyone who's tagged me recently.



I tag:



Kwana Jackson

Patt Milhailoff

Isabo Kelly

Leanna Renee Heiber

Keira Soleore


Here's hoping they don't kill me!

4 comments:

Maureen McGowan said...

I've been hearing good things about that book. That small excerpt does grab your attention, doesn't it!

A very famous Canadian author, Robertson Davies, also has a book called Rebel Angels, so I always to a double take when I see the title of that book... But must read it.

Leanna Renee Hieber said...

I LOVE THE JAZZ HAMS!!!!!!! I visit www.icanhascheezburger.com daily and that one made me cackle.

okay, looks like i've got a meme to do...

I'm excited for Napoleon Week at Scandalous chickies!

Elizabeth Kerri Mahon said...

So do I. Whenever I'm sad or depressed, those critters make me laugh out loud!

Keira Soleore said...

So your Tuesday meme is now a late-late Friday meme for me. I'm putting up my post now.