Wednesday, March 22, 2006

I want my Jimmy Choos


Aren't they awesome? I stopped in DSW last night on my way to my night job. It was a crappy day, cold but sunny. I'd just read an email critiquing the questions that I'd written for Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. The critique was partly justified. I still quibble with rejecting my first question, because the new question happened even later than the one I'd written, but I digreess. My favorite black boots that I bought in London ten years ago had completely fall apart. So I was hurtin.

But then I saw them against the wall near the purses. The most beautiful pair of shoes I've ever seen. I couldn't believe that they were at DSW. I mean these are Jimmy Choos for god's sake. The shoe of choice of most of Hollywood who don't feel like tottering around on Christian Louboutin platforms.

I've always had a lust for Jimmy Choo's but I've never had the nerve to go into the store to try them on. I mean you just know the snooty sales clerk know they're not going to be making a sale when I walk in the door. I mean these shoes are like $710.00 (but on sale for $596 at DSW). That's more than my maintenance. I'd have to eat Ramen for three months to buy a pair, and I can't tell you what all that sodium would do to my body. My feet would be too swollen to get into them.

But there they were at DSW where you get to try on the shoes yourself, so of course I had to try them on. Man, when I slipped them on, my first thought was Mama has come home. These shoes were like butter on my feet.

I could just imagine wearing them to some society benefit, rocking a great dress. I'd need a awesome manicure for these babies. Maybe something in a soft pink, red would be too garish (unless I bought the black versions). They also made my legs look even more fabulous. Plus I felt tall strutting around on their 4 inch heels.

Trust me these are definitely catch a cab shoes, not take the subway to wherever shoes. I hated to take them off my feet, but unless I sign a book deal soon, there is no way in heck I can justify spending a paycheck on them.

Sigh! But the dream was mine for a little while.

1 comment:

Megan Frampton said...

Those are beautiful. I would look like a sad housewife in them, but you would look great.

Keep writing, Elizabeth!