Wednesday, March 01, 2006

March comes in like a Lion

Good lord, is it March already? I can't believe that we're three months into 2006. It's still freezing here in New York. It snowed at some point Monday night, but it didn't stick. The only reason I know that it snowed, is because for once, I could see it on the streets downtown when I went to work. Otherwise, I wouldn't have known. We had no snow in my neck of the woods. Although I did see on the news, that it dropped a couple of inches in the burbs.

March means that April is almost here which means tax refund! Unfortunately, mine is already earmarked for the National conference in Atlanta. Also, April means my first NEC conference and hopefully the chance to pitch my YA to an agent. I have my fingers crossed that I get an agent appointment. In the meantime, March is for polishing my manuscript until it gleams. March also brings with it Mercury in retrograde, which means computer problems, mail delays, anything to do with communication, Mercury has a tendency to screw up. Astrologers recommend that you don't sign a major contract during Mercury retrograde.

March means the return of America's Next Top Model. Aren't the ads beautiful? All pretty and butterflyery (I know that's not a real word, but if Shakespeare can make up words, so can I). I can't wait to see the next crop of catty wanna be models. Plus, Bravo is going to be airing a new reality show called Top Chef. Add that to American Idol and I'm in reality TV heaven.

I have a huge list of books coming out in March that I want, and lots of new books.

March means possibilities, spring is just around the corner, and the days start to get longer. Time to clean up my apartment, and get rid of all the clutter that's accumulated over the months.

It also means, St. Patrick's Day, a day where I try to avoid being near any Irish bars, or any bars for that matter. What is about St. Paddy's day that makes generally sane people go bonkers? And who came up with the idea for green beer? Not to mention the green shakes they sell at McDonald's. Frankly the only food that should be green are the foods that are green naturally!

No comments: