Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Sometimes Life Sucks

I was all prepared to write a cute little post about how I went to see Cate Blanchett in Hedda Gabler at BAM in Brooklyn this weekend (she was awesome by the way), and our great RWA NYC meeting, and the fun restaurant I went to afterwards with our speaker and some friends from the chapter, but I'm a little down so I'll make this short.

First, I'm down about Dana Reeve's passing. I didn't know her, but I admired her for the way the way that she stood by Christopher Reeve after he was paralyzed, with love, and courage, and support. Let's face it, whether we admit or not, there are alot of people out there who wouldn't have been able to handle it, who would have bailed. See the episode of Grey's Anatomy two weeks ago. No matter that the marriage vows say 'in sickness and in health.' I just think it's so sad, that her husband passes away and then she discovers she has lung cancer. How much can one person handle. And now she's gone, and her son has lost both parents in less than two years. That has got to bite big time. I lost my mom when I was 24, and it was the most painful experience of my life, I can't imagine what it must be like at 13.

Then I woke up this morning at 4:00 a.m. to discover Niagara Falls in my bathroom. My toilet had spontaneously overflowed in a major way. I had to go get the super in between bailing out water. I'm really pissed about this because I'd mentioned more than once to the management company, board members, that my toilet was having problems, and they did nothing. So now I'm going to have to pay for the water damage to my downstairs neighbor's ceiling because they were so slow to act.

The super came upstairs and managed to stop the water, but then he told me that the toilet was stopped up, and he'd fix it later. I literally burst into tears when he said that since that meant I had no toilet for like who knows who long, and it's that time of the moon. He told me not to cry and fixed it. I hated crying because I always feel weak and stupid but hey, it got my toilet fixed.

So, I hope other people out there are having a better day!

1 comment:

MJFredrick said...

{{{{{ELIZABETH}}}}}} What a day. I didn't realize their son was so young, just a little younger than mine.