Thursday, March 23, 2006

Reality Round-Up


As anyone who knows me, I watch way too much reality tv, partly out of choice and partly because I have to for work. So here are my thoughts about the latest crop of reality shows that I watch.

America's Next Top Model - I love this show and not just because I dream of doing inappropriate things to Nigel. This show never fails to entertain me and last night was no different. Where do I start? From the scene where they got Tyra mail and somehow translated the latin phrase to mean that they were going to Spain? Gina freaking out when they put the Madagascar hissing cockroach on her, or Jade walking down the runway with hers and kissing it? Girl wants to be a model bad if she's willing to smooch insects. Or Danielle calling herself Snow Black for the photo shoot instead of Snow White Then the piece de resistance, making the models walk in like 8 inch platform shoes, when earlier most of them had a hard time walking in regular shoes. I hope Tyra has paid up her insurance, because if I were Danielle I'd sue. Loved the photo shoot where they had to portray fairy-tale characters while falling.

American Idol - Chicken Little has left the building. Nuff said.

Amazing Race 9 - I have never watched this show before and I could kick myself. This show is awesome! How can you not like a show that not only has a pair of himbos but also a pair of bimbos appropriately named Danielle and Dani. Are any of you best friends with someone who has almost the same name as you? And why would you go on a show like Amazing Race if you were just dating? Anyone remember the gay couple that won that later broke up? Nothing tests your relationship like running around many different countries trying to win alot of money. Loved the detour challenge of either breaking bottles over each others heads or learning a German folk dance. I may have to keep watching this show.

Extreme Makeover- Home Edition - As anyone ever watched this show and not cried? Wait let me amend that. Yes, I have met those people and I say shame on you. Yes, I know the show is manipulative, and perhaps Dunstin Rainford could have benefited from being sent to Memorial Sloane-Kettering for cancer treatment, but making sure that his family has a decent home to live in, if he doesn't make it, just had me sobbing like a baby. Strange thing though, I used to like Ty on Trading Spaces, but now he's become like this camera hogging tool.

The Bachelor - So Travis Stork now makes Bob Guiney and Jesse Palmer look like stand-up decent guys. Apparently not only did the dude hit on another one of the rejected bachelorettes at the taping of 'The Women Tell All' special (Susan) but he's also trying to get in touch with Moana, the woman he dumped for Sarah. Yes, the emotional wreck in the limo. Susan and Moana, if he calls you, don't answer.

Top Chef - I don't know about this show. Somehow it's not as interesting to me as Project Runway, and Stephen so far seems like an arrogant SOB. I'm rooting for Liane, Harold or Miguel to win this thing.

No comments: