Saturday, April 29, 2006

Achieving Nirvana

Om shanti everyone!

I know I just wrote a fashion post yesterday but I had to write about what happened to me this afternoon. Get this, I'm walking through the cosmetic counters in the Soho Bloomingdales when I passed Giorgio Armani and his entourage leaving the store. I almost hyperventilated as he was about five inches away from me. I mean I brushed his arm as I walked by!!!!! I have achieved fashion nirvana. I can die a happy woman now.

Armani is a fashion icon. I covet his clothes. Well, let's face it, I covet a lot of designers clothes, but his are always understated and classic. You could probably wear an Armani dress from twenty years ago and it would look like he made it yesterday, that's how classic his clothes are. And I saw him today! I almost genuflected when he passed by. I would have spoken to him but I didn' t know what to say, plus he only speaks an Italian and I'm sure his bodyguards would have wrestled me to the ground.

Having seen one of the major fashion icons of the 20th and 21st century, I proceeded upstairs where I bought a great BCBG dress and found the perfect "I'm going to the RITAs in Atlanta even though I'm nominated because I'm not published, but one day I will be, and don't I look fabulous' dress. It's Nicole Miller, a gorgeous shade of red, and would look wonderful with a pair of strappy gold sandals. Unfortunately it's half my rent, so I'll have to wait until it's on sale and hope they have my size.

I'm at work right now where I'll be until the wee hours of the morning.

Have a great weekend and enjoy the beautiful weather.

Until next week!
EKM

No comments: