Monday, April 24, 2006

Yikes, Writer Overloaded

I just sent an email to a friend this morning detailing my schedule for the next two weeks, and it frightened even me. Here it is just to give you an idea:

Monday: Picking up credentials at Tribeca Film Fest.
Tuesday: Tribeca Film Fest.
Wednesday: IAG
Thursday: Drinkies with Lucy and the girls
Friday: IAG
Saturday: IAG
Sunday: Tribeca Film Fest.
Monday: Tribeca Film Fest.
Tuesday: IAG
Wednesday: Empire State Building lecture and reception at Museum of City of New York
Thursday: IAG
Friday: Swann Galleries for Modernist Poster reception (seeing Auction Guy)
Saturday: Afternoon Tea at Lady Mendl's and Tribeca Film Fest.
Sunday: IAG

It's no wonder I haven't found a guy. When would I have time to schedule him in?

So I've decided to declare that in May, I went attend at least two functions where I can meet eligible men, whether it be a Lock & Key party, a social event, or a speed dating fuction. I actually like Speed dating events because that way at least you have volume. Even though you're meeting like ten guys for eight minutes, you can pretty much sense within that time if you want to get to know that person on an extended basis. I'm all for quantity vs. quality.

Over at Pub Rant, agent Kristin Nelson was extolling her skills as a matchmaker, and I'm here to say hook me up Kristin! Unfortunately Daniel Lazar, the agent whe was talking about, was probably born after the Bicentennial and that's a little too young for even me. Let Demi marry a guy born after that. Me, I would prefer a guy born in the late sixties, but I'm willing to stretch to the early seventies, at least that way we have a few cultural references in common.

Thanks for stopping by.

EKM

No comments: