Sunday, April 02, 2006

Things I just don't understand

I live in New York, so I see alot of crazy things on any given day, and I have no problem with what people do in their private time, as long as it doesn't have involve animals and small children, but I'm mystified by what people do to their bodies. I'm not talking plastic surgery although if you've ever seen pictures of Jocelyn Wildenstein aka Jocelyn Wildebeest, you'd know what I mean.

If you want to blow your boobs up until they look like you're carrying around large helium balloons on your chest, or change your nose etc. No prob. I just don't get people who tattoo their bodies so that you can't even seen their flesh anymore of you have multiple body piercings. A nose stud, a hoop in your eyebrow or even a tongue stud, okay, I can see that.

However, today I saw something that totally freaked me out. I was sitting on the subway minding my own business reading the Mary Jane Clark novel I bought yesterday when she came to speak to our chapter, when I looked up and saw this guy with two horns coming out of the flesh under his lips. I'm talking two silver studs that looked like horns jutting out from the fleshy part under your lip where guys usually have that soul patch of hair.

I wish I had a camera phone or something so that I could show you exactly what it looked like.

I couldn't stop looking at it. All I could think of was who would want to kiss this guy with those little horn thingies sticking out. I mean most women have experience razor burn from their guys stubble, but most of us haven't been pierced by weird objects on our boyfriend's faces. It just has to hurt. It hurt just thinking about it.

Even if this guy was gay, and it can't be a treat. Jake Gyllenhaal was interviewed about kissing Heath Ledger and he said that he now sympathized with women who have to deal with a guy's five o'clock shadow during a kiss.

Creepy, in fact it was creepier than the Mary Jane Clark novel I was reading, which by the way was very good. It was called Hide Yourself Away. I highly recommend it. The horn stud thing not so much.


I just have to assume that this guy was into some sort of S&M type thing, that's the only explanation I can come up with for it.

No comments: