Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Query Fever

I'm writing this at 12:12 a.m. on Wednesday morning. I have just watched the worst version of The Ten Commandments ever with actors I really like for work, and I'm tired and I want to go home. Right now, I'm waiting to be edited. So in the meantime, I'd share with you all, that I just sent out three email queries on Crazy Little Thing Called Love. And I'm very excited. My baby is ready to go out the door. By next week, I hope to have sent out another 7 queries.

I have a top ten list of agents that I start with, and then as the rejections pile up, I start on the next ten. I'm hoping that this time, I won't have to start on the next top on my list.

In the meantime, I've started working on my next YA project which I have to have the first 3 chapters to an agent by hopefully the end of next week, which may be wildly optimistic, but I like having a deadline. This is the part that I like, the sending of the queries, and keeping my fingers crossed that I get asked to send a partial or even the whole manuscript.

Speaking of Crazy Little Thing Called Love, the American Idol episode tonight where everyone sang Queen songs, wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Everyone seemed to find a song that suited their voice, including MY Taylor who sang Crazy Little Thing Called Love. MY Chris unfortunately sang a song that Queen had never done live. I have to agree with Simon that the reason had to be that the song sucked. He sang it well, but I would have liked to have seen him choose something the audience was a little more familiar with.

2 comments:

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Yay! Good luck, Elizabeth!! I know how hard you've worked on this project and it will pay off. And it's great to be optimistic and with a plan.

I'm rooting for you!!

Megan Frampton said...

Rooting for you, too, EKM!