Tuesday, May 16, 2006

American Idol - The Final Three

I'm still gutted by the Grey's Anatomy finale last night and Sunday. 3 hours of gut-wrenching drama. Shonda Rimes, you are my American Idol! It's going to take me until September to process everything that went on in the episode. Thank God tonight I have a little American Idol to watch to cheer me up.

I found this hysterical cartoon on-line today:

The judges have picked their songs for the contestants. Taylor was given 'You are so beautiful' to sing which should be fabulous. I mean Taylor is Joe Cocker Jr. Simon chose 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow' one of the most oversung songs in the last 100 years. I don't remember the song that Paula chose for Elliott but it was pretty obscure.


The weirdest choices have to be the songs that Clive Davis has chosen for the contestants. 'Open Arms' by Journey? 'I Believe I Can Fly' by pedophile R. Kelly? And 'Dancing in the Dark' by Bruce Springsteen. What is he thinking? 'Walking in Memphis' would have been a much better choice for Taylor, and 'The First Time Ever I saw his face' for Katharine could have been so interesting. Ouch!
Here's hoping the songs the idols choose for themselves are much better than Clive Davis' choices, otherwise Katharine McPhee might be going home tomorrow.
Thanks for reading!
EKM

3 comments:

MJFredrick said...

Oh, wasn't Grey's Anatomy horrible/wonderful?? I can't stop thinking about it!!

Walking in Memphis WOULD have been a great song for Taylor, dang it. I love that song.

Elliott did well on the song Paula picked for him, though.

Elizabeth Kerri Mahon said...

And Katharine really nailed Over the Rainbow, but Taylor is still going to win it. He's the best all round entertainer.

As for Grey's Anatomy, if they repeat the episode, I may have to watch it again because there were so many awesome moments.

MJFredrick said...

I didn't know till WEdnesday that ABC.com will let you watch the previous night's episode! I wish they'd just sell them on iTunes like Alias.