Friday, May 12, 2006

Playing catch-up

This weekend is all about playing catch-up with all the things that have fallen by the wayside the past two weeks. First up is making sure that I finish paying all my bills such as the phone bill, and the paying off the repairs to my bedroom ceiling.

I need to take some clothes this weekend to Goodwill as well to get them out of my house, commencing the Spring cleaning that I haven't quite done yet.

Next is signing up for the National conference in Atlanta, and either finding a room-mate or a cheaper hotel than the Hilton. I'm leaning towards the Hampton Inn which is $114.00. I'm booking the Hilton, but I'm going to be on the look-out that the prices drop as we get closer to July. I'm cashing in my frequent flyer miles which means that I'm flying back to New York on an early 8:00 a.m. flight on Sunday. Ouch! That means cutting back on the drinking the night before at the RITA awards.

I have a President's Letter due on Monday for our June issue of Keynotes, plus Market News and our calendar of events. I never know what I'm going to write about before I actually sit down and start writing. I have some ideas but who knows what will actually appear on the page.

I also have to set up my schedule for the next weeks at my night job, which is a pain in the ass as well. Since I'm trying to get back into the swing of things dating-wise, it means signing up for several speed-dating events etc. while also setting up my schedule.

Yes, I swore that I would sign up for two dating events before the end of the month and I'm sticking to it. Auction Guy and I have a Pride & Prejudice thing going on right now, so I don't know what's happening with that. Remember that scene in the ballroom when Darcy is asked to dance with Elizabeth and he says no, that he doesn't find her all that? Well that's how I felt last Friday night. Oy!

Thanks for stopping by!

EKM

No comments: