Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Mid-Week Blues

I really don't have much to say today. I'm a little tired which isn't unusual for me in the middle of the week. The weather has changed once again in New York from nice and warm, to chilly which is throwing me off. I'm still reeling from something that happened last Friday night which I don't really want to talk about, but I should stop thinking about since it's throwing me off and making me a little depressed. Not even the chocolate biscuits that Gaby, one of the bankers from the Sydney office has brought in is cheering me up. You know you're depressed when even chocolate does nothing for you.

I'm reading Nancy Martin's new Blackbird Sister's mystery. I have no appetite for romance right now, even though I just took out Alison Kent's most recent Blaze from the library. I'm just in kind of a funk. However, I did watch American Idol last night, and I was really surprised by how much I liked Elliott last night. Not so much his first song, but his rendition of 'Trouble' I thought was really hot. For those few people who haven't succumbed to the lure of AI, last night's theme was Elvis Presley songs, which could have been really bad (think Honeymoon in Vegas with Nic Cage dressed like Elvis), but turned out to be Taylor Hick's night. Katherine McPhee was at a disadvantage and she never quite found her footing. Whether that means she's booted off, and we have an all male semi-final remains to be seen. Still it made me want to go out and buy an Elvis Presley CD.

I'm still querying, and sending out partials, along with making revisions on the end of my YA, and working on the plotting for my next. I'm really trying to push through on this despite my malaise and slight depression.

To cheer myself up, it's sushi for lunch. Nothing makes me happier than a spicy yellow-tail roll unless it's a california roll with real crab, instead of that imitation crap you normally get at your local sushi joint.

Thanks for stopping by.

EKM

P.S. If anyone has $11.7M lying around, Harry Belafonte is selling his 21 room mansion on West End Avenue here in New York. Check out this link: http://www.corcoran.com/property/listing.aspx?Region=NYC&ListingID=798679

You can also see the floor plan on Curbed's website.

No comments: