Monday, May 22, 2006

Monday Night Madness

I've sitting here at work on Monday catching up on my blog reading since my day job is currently taken up with the business of doing the final edit on my YA so that I can get it to super duper agent by the end of the week. So far, Trump booted off two contestants off The Apprentice tonight both women because they stabbed each other in the back, and the men won because Sean is a metrosexual. I swear Trump makes up the rules as he goes along. One week, he tells them to look out only for themselves, the next week he wants everyone to get along. However, I must say that Ivanka keeps impressing me every time she shows up on this show. It's amazing to me that she's a product of Ivana and Donald Trump, she seems so level-headed and smart.

I had to watch Honey, We're Killing the Kids, tonight at work. If you dont' know about this show, it's on TLC. Dr. Lisa Hark goes around the country scaring the crap out of parents for not taking care of their kids health by showing them what their kids are going to look like in thirty years if they keep eating the way they do. Tonight's family, The Barfields, used to fry all their food in pork fat. No one exercised, the father never ate with the kids, preferring to sit in the living room eating of a tray while watching TV. It makes you wonder why people have kids. I don't think a vegetable was eaten in their house unless it was deep fried and dipped in ranch dressing.

They threw out 8 bags of junk food! There was one little cute moment when the family donned mourning weeds to bury the deep fryer in the back yard. Watching the kids learn to eat vegetables was actually great, although their first experiment with beets didn't go very well. Let me tell you beets are an acquired taste if you're used to eating potato skins and spinach dip.

I hope that the Barfields manage to continue their now healthy lifestyle, because I'm telling you, it was scary to see what the kids were going to look like in their forties. Not to mention the fact that the ever helpful Dr. Lisa Hark told them that the kids had a life expectancy of only 65!

What did you watch tonight?

Thanks for reading!

EKM

1 comment:

MJFredrick said...

24, then the Spurs game! I wish I could make some of the parents at my school watch "We're Killing the Kids." I have a boy who starts to sweat sitting in class. Still, Grandma sends him a bag of Cheetos every day for lunch.