Saturday, May 06, 2006

Why I walk

Every year for the past seven years, I have done the Aidswalk and this year is no exception.

Why do I walk? One reason is that I worked with an actor when I was just starting out who later died of the disease. I walk because although people with HIV are able to live longer and fuller lives, there is still no cure. I walk because Aids has spread throughout Africa and Asia. I walk because there are people who believe that Aids is no longer or a problem, or because it's no longer fashionable to support Aids. That's why I walk, and will continue to walk every year.

If anyone would like to sponsor me, please go to Aidswalk.net, type in Elizabeth Mahon, and then go on from there. Or here's the link to my personal page: http://aidswalknewyork2006.kintera.org/elizabethkmahon

Thanks for stopping by,

EKM

No comments: