Wednesday, May 03, 2006

And We're Back


Blogger gave me fits yesterday, so I was unable to upload this picture of my fashion icon, Sarah Jessica Parker looking like a fashion don't at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Gala. The Costume Gala is one of the biggest events in the social calendar here in New York. How do I know this? Well that's what everyone says. Every year, it seems like there are more and more stars attending than the usual run of the mill mix of old money and new money at the event. This year's gala is called Anglomania and celebrates British fashion which is why SJP is wearing this godawful dress by Alexander McQueen. I'm not sure what I hate about it the most, the tartan portion or the dress underneath. It just doesn't gel together. And the shoes are atrocious. I have to had to her though, she's not afraid to take fashion risks. Personally I would have run for the hills rather than put that on.

So, the Supreme Court of the U.S. has said that Anna Nicole Smith has the right to pursue her claim to her late husband's estate in court. Wow that must have been some session. Why do I feel like they probably spent all of ten minutes debating this? I'm sure it particularly pained Ruth Ginsburg. Hard to believe that this case will ever be spoken of in the same breath as Roe vs. Wade or Brown vs. Board of Education.

The other major news latel is that the author of Opal Mehta has had her book contract canceled by Little Brown. Apparently there have been allegations that passages have been plagiarized from other books including the Princess Diaries. Man, that photographic memory can really cause problems can't it?

As for my life, I sent out a partial on Monday, and I've sent out 3 more queries to agents. Busily working on my new YA partial. I'm also making time for a social life. I went to a wonderful benefit here in NY for the 14th Street Y that was held at a restaurant called Candela, which if you're in NY and you want a really romantic restaurant, you should go here. Also the food is fantastic as well. I'm not afraid to say I looked hot. I wore one of my DVF dresses, putting the twins on display. I blew out my hair (or rather I paid someone else to do it for me!). I was shocked at how long it was. Anyone who has really curly hair knows that your hair looks much shorter when it's curly than when it's straight. Well, my hair is almost to the end of my shoulder blades, that's how long it is. I'm sensing a haircut in my future.

Much money was raised for the Y, and I was very proud of one of my close friends who was the co-chair of the event, she did a fantastic job.

So that's it for me so far this week. Oh, I got to see James Gandolfini, John Travolta, Laurence Fishburne and John Malkovich while I worked at the Tribeca Film Festival on Sunday and Monday, so it's been a good week so far.

Thanks for stopping by!

EKM

1 comment:

MJFredrick said...

WElllll....I'd say what was she thinking, but she always dressed odd in SATC.

Good luck with the partials!