Friday, July 14, 2006

Blast from the Past

It seems like this is the week for me to reconnect with old friends. So far, this week, I've had an email from an old high school friend that I reconnected with because she published a scholarly work on African-Americans and slavery (I googled her, found her web-site, and sent her an email). That was Monday.

Tuesday, I ran into a woman, who was two years behind me in high school, who is now an MD at the investment bank where I work. Which I think is hilarious, because she's higher up on the food chain than my boss, who is older and has worked there his entire adult life. Of course, she has an undergraduate degree from Harvard, and a MBA from Columbia which I'm sure helped. I shouldn't take as much satisfaction in that but I do.

Now tonight, I'm having dinner with my lovely American friend who lives in London, and a friend of his, who is supposed to be very handsome but of course, gay. Story of my life. And then Monday, I'm having dinner with my lovely LA friend, who I also met when we were studying acting in London. Tres excited!

I re-read my partial this week, and it's not as crappy as I thought it was going to be. It needs work, so I'm pausing and rewriting it before I move ahead. The problem with this adaptation, is that I'm not as familiar with the story of The Canterville Ghost, as I was with a Midsummer Night's Dream, but I'm working on it. I've re-read the original novella again, and it's sticking more in my mind.

Need to chop up the third chapter, and save some of the information for later in the book.

That's all for now! Thanks for reading.

EKM

2 comments:

LeperColony said...

What is an MD? I mean, for a bank.

Elizabeth Kerri Mahon said...

Managing Director