Thursday, July 20, 2006

Countdown to National

Lord, have I had a bitch of a day which I won't bore you with, but it was one of those days that make you want to swim in a large bottle of white wine. Unfortunately, my plans for the evening fell through and I hate drinking alone. Watched too many old movies with Bette Davis and Barbara Stanwyck where they drank alone when they got to a certain age.

Well, National cannot come soon enough for me. I can't wait to spend 4 hot and steamy nights in Atlanta. I went shopping yesterday and bought a lovely pair of gold sandals from Nine West. Now I just need the dress to go with it. That didn't go well yesterday. Note to self, don't go shopping for evening dresses when your suffering from PMS. Nothing fits right, and you just hate yourself when you view your body in the those lovely floor length mirrors underneath the florescent lights that make only young children or people like Gwyneth Paltrow look good.

Spent way too much money today on perfume, but once I smelled the Miller Harris Couer d'Ete, I had to have it. Plus, they gave me groovy samples of their other perfurmes as well. I'm such a perfume slut. I love wearing perfume. Perfume and lipsticks. I can never have enough of them. What made the Coeur D'Ete so irresistible, was the fact that it used white lilac and lilacs are my favorite flower.

Working hard on my new YA manuscript. Doing a scene breakdown to organize my thoughts before I can continue past the first three chapters. Everything needs to be set up really in these three chapters, and I'm having a devil of a time with it, but it's getting there.

Had to watch The One last night for work. What a godawful mess of a show. The premise is take 10 aspiring singers and have them live together and compete. Sound familiar? Oh, but the twist in this version, and is that the contestants have to vote of one of the contestants every week, instead of leaving it up to the audience. Considering how bad the performances were last night, I'm surprised the entire cast wasn't in the bottom three.

And the judges? What rock did they find Mark Hudson under? For those who were born after 1975, he's Goldie Hawn's ex-brother-in-law, and Kate Hudson's uncle. For those of us old enough to remember, he's the middle Hudson Brother, of Bill, Mark and Brett (the cute one) fame.

I've never heard so many tone deaf, ear splitting, off key, performances in my life. One guy, Michael Cole, screamed his way through Devil in a Blue Dress until I thought my ears were going to bleed. I'm telling you I take back every negative comment I made about Kevin Corvais, Kelly Pickler and Bucky Covington. The performers on The One made those three look like Pavarotti, Tina Turner, and Johnny Cash. By the time I was done watching, I had a splitting headache. If there had been a sharp object nearby, I probably would have poked my eyes out to stop the madness.

Thanks for reading!

EKM

No comments: