Sunday, July 16, 2006

Great Minds Think Alike

I spent a lovely but hot day today with my friend from the UK and a friend of his, touring the Metropolitan Museum of Art.

So now I'm here at work, and just for fun, I googled my friend's friend. It turns out that he directed a show called "I'm Famous and I'm Frightened" which was a show where 8 celebrities spent 3 nights in a haunted house, and get voted out by the audience, while experiencing strange and frightening phenomenon.

Now this is the crazy part. I had just decided to replot Nearly Famous using that same exact plotline. How weird is that? I thought it would work well, since my main character Julia has made several really bad horror movies. But now I have to rethink that story. Of course, I've never seen the show, but I don't know if I can use the same exact plot since its so similar.

So it's back to the drawing board on that book. In the meantime, I'm working furiously on my new YA, revising the first 3 chapters before I head off to the conference next week.

Thanks for reading.

EKM

No comments: