Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Real Estate Envy - ReZoned

Besides the Food Network, my other guilty pleasure is HGTV. I love, love to watch shows about people redecorating their houses or selling their homes. I even love to watch Extreme Makeover on ABC, although I know that it shamelessly plays with your emotions by finding the neediest families and building them houses that are outrageous. My one question, who's paying the real estate taxes on these places?

Anyway, one of the shows I've had to watch is ReZoned on HGTV. This is the show where the host takes you around the country to show how people have taken properties that had other uses, like an old firehouse, or a church and turned them into fabulous dream homes that make you drool on your remote.

Of course, all these houses are outside of New York City, although one episode did feature an apartment in the old Brooklyn Eagle building in Brooklyn, where this guy lived in the top floor apartment where this huge clock lived. But what really gets me is when the host states something like "Bob and Susi bought the property in 1980 for $3,000 and then totally renovated it."

Thanks, just what I needed to hear. If I wasn't envious enough. On the episode I watched on Sunday, the houses were an old hardware store, a church, a warehouse in Binghamton, New York, and an old millhouse. I'm talking huge bathrooms, walk-in closets, and kitchens to die for. I love to cook, but I normally hate to cook just for myself, but I'm telling ya with some of these kitchens that I saw, I would get over it.

I think that's the two things I envy the most, well three since bathrooms really get me going, particularly any bathroom that has a huge tub since I love to take baths. A gorgeous kitchen though can make me weak at the knees, and a walk-in closet? I've died and gone to heaven. Being able to have all my clothes and shoes in one huge room, organized and everything? Where do I sign up for that? Hell, I'd even live in the closet. Just throw in a bed, and a George Foreman grill, and I'm good to go.

Well, I'm off to National tomorrow, so there will be no posts until Monday, July 31st. Did I just hear a collective Aww!?

Thanks for reading,

EKM

No comments: