Wednesday, July 19, 2006

One week until National

And I still have no idea what I'm going to wear to the RITA's on Saturday night. I have a vague idea of what I'm going to wear the rest of the time I'm in Atlanta. But the RITA's? No friggin clue. This has happened the past few years that I have gone to the conference. In 2001, in New Orleans, I just wore a black ABS dress that I had bought for a Christmas party. Unfortunately that was 2 dress sizes ago. In New York, I wore Betsey Johnson. In Dallas, I wore a flapperesque Laundry by Shelli Segal dress that I bought and then returned to Loehmann's.

This year? I have some ideas but nothing concrete. The only solid thing I know is I would like not to wear black. I do have a back up dress, a red chiffon vintage number that my mother wore in the fifties, but I'm looking for something else that grabs me.

My workout clothes are a must because I plan to hit the gym every day while I'm there. Why? Because whatever dress I wear on Saturday, I will need to fit into. I've already abstained from dessert (for the most part) the past few weeks for maximum shrinkage. Even though the temperatures will be hot outside, inside the hotel, I'm sure it will be freezing, so of course a sweater is de rigeur. Now the big question, is what shoes to take.

No matter how hard I try, I always end up bringing at least 3 pairs of shoes, 2 for day, and my evening sandals.

I'm getting very excited about seeing old friends and making some new ones. Even though the conference for me, is 4 days of pretending to be an extrovert. I'll be taking alot of baths to ease the stress. I'm always hoping to stalk, I mean meet, lovely agent no. 1 who has my manuscript, although I know from her website that she won't be getting back to people until August. And then there is Jennifer Crusie/Bob Mayer stalking, I mean meeting. And all the books I will be hauling home after the conference.

I also have to prepare our chapters basket for National, a job I hope to pass of to someone else next year. I ordered a T-shirt and a mug from our Cafe Press site, although I think the Cafe Press people have to rethink their idea of what a size medium means.

Thanks for reading!

EKM

1 comment:

Beakerz said...

http://needtsza.blogspot.com/2006/07/melissa-etheridge-tickets-for-sale_20.html#links

help me find a donor?