Saturday, July 22, 2006

Tag!

I've been tagged by Megan, so here goes:


1. When did you first start blogging and why?

I started blogging last year when I really decided to make a bigger push with my writing. Not that I hadn't taken it seriously before, but in the last two years, I've written more, and the blog started out as a way for me to write everyday, and share my road (hopefully to publication). It was also a way to connect with other writers out there.

2. What don't you talk about?

I try not to review other authors negatively, but I will mention if I didn' t like a current book if I review it. I try to review a book with the same way I would hope someone will one day review my work. I've gone back and forth about talking about my personal life. I try to be careful that I don't use real names, and I've removed stuff that I thought might offend someone in my life. And anyone who doesn't want to be mentioned, I try and respect their wishes. Everything else is fair game. Particularly celebrities.

3. Are you and your blogging persona the same person?

Well I'd like think I'm funnier in person, and I'm much cuter, but the rest of it is all me.

4. How do you use blogging to build friendships?

I've made so many friends through this, and other people's, blogs. I have a list of writer's blogs that I read religiously on my page, and I frequently leave comments on their blogs and others.

5. How would you describe your writing style?

Sarcastic and lots of self-deprecation. I've always made fun of myself before other people could.

I tag Mary, Kelly Parra, Marianne Mancusi, Vanessa Virtue and Gabrielle.

4 comments:

Gabrielle said...

Thanks, E, will do it tomorrow :-)

Megan Frampton said...

Thanks for playing, Elizabeth!

MJFredrick said...

Oh, good - something to blog about tomorrow ;)

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Thanks Elizabeth!! I haven't been tagged with anything in a while. Time to have some fun again. =D