Saturday, June 09, 2007

Embarassing Celebrity Crushes

Well, I've been tagged by Marley and I'm supposed to upload photos of my bookshelves, but it's going to have to wait because I don't have a digital camera so I took photos with a disposable one and I have to pick up the photos from Duane Reade.


So in the meantime, I thought I'd talk about celebrity crushes, which is kind of timely since one of my celebrity crushes just retired this week from television. Yes, Mr. Bob Barker was one of my celebrity crushes from when I was a child. I used to watch Truth or Consequences with my grandmother and for some reason, when I was five, I just thought Bob Barker was so good-looking. Looking back, I think it's because he kind of looked a little like my dad. Freud would have a field day with that one.


Before that apparently, I had a crush on this newscaster Jim Jensen. I don't remember this but my mother told me that whenever he was anchoring the news, I would stop whatever I was doing and go sit in front of the television set the minute I heard his voice.


Then of course, as I got older it was Donny Osmond all the way (I think I always sensed some thing was off with Michael Jackson) until I found out what it took to become a Mormon. There was no way I was going to be missing out on the drinking and the pre-marital sex, so he was out. Next was Parker Stevenson. While all the other girls my age were squealing for Shaun Cassidy, Parker won my heart. This was way because Kirstie Alley announced on national television that he gave her the 'Big O'.


Of course, everyone knows of my love for Timothy Dalton and James Purefoy but I have a confession to make. For a brief moment in time, I actually had a crush on Rick Astley, this English singer who looked like Archie. Embarassing, I know.


So, who are your most embarassing celebrity crushes?


Thanks for reading,


EKM

No comments: