Thursday, June 14, 2007

Now I've seen everything!

Okay, so I'm sitting at my night job last night just before Top Chef, winking at any guy on Match.com that doesn't look like a serial killer when I saw something I've never seen before on any dating site.

A guy wearing a blond wig and a dress.

Seriously, I know someone who once went out with a guy who then ended up on America's Most Wanted, and we've all had experiences of meeting people who look nothing like their pictures, but this was a first for me.

According to his profile, yes, he does like to dress like a woman, which is totally okay. I give him mad props for actually putting it out there in his profile right up front, instead of springing it on a woman after they'd been dating for awhile. And it must have taken a great deal of courage to do that.

But here's the problem, the only pictures in the profile were of him wearing a cheap wig and a dress. No pictures of him in guy mode. And frankly, the dude is one fugly female. I don't know how many women have responded to his profile, but I have a feeling if they're turned off it probably has less to do with the fact that he cross-dresses and more to do with his appearance. I mean seriously, unless he plans to show up on the first date in a dress, he should have two pictures in his profile, one as a man and one as a woman.

Of course, it could turn out that the whole thing is a huge joke. I have no idea. I could be worrying about this guy, sitting home alone, for nothing.

Anyone else had any strange experiences with on-line dating sites? Who am I kidding? Of course, you have!

Thanks for reading,

EKM

No comments: