Wednesday, June 27, 2007

It's Getting Hot in Herre!

Oh MY GOD! It was 90 degrees today here in New York but it felt like 97. Walking through the streets was like wading through pea soup. I like it when it's hot but disgusting and muggy. It's so bad that the Upper East Side had a brief power outage. In fact the lights in my office building flickered on and off briefly this afternoon. That wacky Mercury in Retrograde is at it again.

Wow, I can't believe that I've had over 17,000 hits to this blog since I started it two years ago. Now that might not sound like alot (I'm sure Meg Cabot gets that many in a week) but for me, it's pretty darn good. When I started this blog, I was happy if I could get my friends to read it, so the fact that there are people out there who I don't even know reading the blog is pretty awesome.

To celebrate, I took myself off to Lord and Taylor to look for a bathing suit. Pretty strange way to celebrate right? Well, I won a scavenger hunt this past Sunday and the prize was a trip going tubing down the Delaware river. I can't wait, sunshine, water, and barbecue! The scavenger hunt was alot of fun. We had to scour the Metropolitan Museum of Art for clues relating to Leonardo Da Vinci and his contemporaries, plus we had a list of about 30 pictures that we had to take, everything from getting a team member to pose as the Vitruvian Man to taking a picture with a man or woman of the cloth (we solved that by having our picture taken by a statue of a monk).

No cute guys on the hunt, apart from the guy who was the point person from the company that runs them, and the bartender at the Mad River Bar and Grille. Ah well! But we came in first which was tres cool. This was actually the second scavenger hunt that I've won with a team, so I guess that I must be good luck.

Anyway back to the great bathing suit hunt. It was extremely hard to find a flattering one piece suit. Most of the bathing suits were two pieces, and at my age, it's just not happening. I'm not one of those women who will wear a bikini with their belly hanging over the bottom. I tried on the so-called 'Miracle Suit' and all I can say is it's a miracle I was able to get it off again. It was like wearing a vise around my middle. Not fun or comfortable. So I will be wearing a bathing suit that I already own.

In other news, can I just say that there are no words to describe how vile I think Ann Coulter is? I don't wish harm to anyone, but with her, I'm sorely tempted. It's hard to remember that karma will eventually come back and bite her on the but for all the hate that she spews. I sometimes wonder if she really believes all the stuff that comes out of her mouth? Her response to Elizabeth Edwards, who just wanted her to lay off the personal attacks, was so inappropriate I won't even repeat it in this blog.

On a lighter note, I so far have managed to write at least 12 pages on my novella for the Brava contest.

Yeah me!

EKM

No comments: