Sunday, June 24, 2007

My iPod! (Hall of Shame edition)

Okay, I've only been downloading music onto my iPod for about two months now, and I'm totally obsessed with it. I'm beginning to wish that I had gotten the iPod that holds 2,000 songs instead of 1,000. Right now, I'm up to 239 and I have a list of about 150 songs that I still want to download. Now you know why I have two jobs; to support my iPod habit!

So in the realm of full disclosure, I'm going to reveal the top 5 most embarassing songs that I have on my iPod. I got the idea from the Entertainment Weekly Pop Blog. So here goes in no particular order:

1. Never Going to Give You Up; Rick Astley - My defence for this once is that it reminds me of the time I spend on a post-graduate acting course in London in 1987 when this song came out. My friends and I loved it. Go figure. If you haven't heard it, imagine if Archie Andrews sang like a black soul singer and you have Rick Astley.

2. Wake Me Up Before You Go Go - Wham! How can you not bounce around your apartment listening to this song? Yeah, George Michael in the powder blue and orange short-shorts is a bit much but it's a totally catchy pop song.

3. I Just Want to Be Your Everything - Andy Gibb: I had a crush on him when I was eleven. He died tragically too young. Enough said.

4. Power of Love - Celine Dion - This was my song with Ex-sweetie Pie. Cheesy but beautiful.

5. Open Arms - Journey - Against, cheesy and gooey like a grilled cheese sandwich on white bread.

So what shameful songs exist on your iPod?

Thanks for reading!

EKM

No comments: