Monday, June 04, 2007

Rainy Days and Mondays

Well, after days of temperatures hovering in the high 80's, we've finally had some rain here in New York. I left work last night after writing America's Funniest Home Videos (the Bob Saget edition, does anyone find him funny?) and it was pouring outside. Luckily I had budgeted for a cab which I duly took home.

I went to listen to some jazz on Friday night at the Rose Center which is part of the American Museum of Natural History. They were supposed to be playing jazzed up versions of the Beatles but I couldn't identify a single song. Good sangria though. I drank two glasses and shared a table with two very friendly people. I had a minor celebrity sighting, Donald Maass was there with I guess his wife, and two women from his office. I declined to say hello.

Saturday was our monthly board breakfast meeting before our regularly scheduled meeting. Lots of stuff got done including the possibility of hooking up with a charity, and a discussion of putting together some sort of self-published book to sell to benefit the chapter. Several chapters have done this with great success, in particular the Beau Monde which has a great research book. We were however thinking of using our most valuable asset which is the city itself. So we were thinking of doing a book of love stories, real or imagined that have to do with New York City landmarks, interspersed with romantic information, like most romantic hotels, restaurants, places to kiss, bars, and other possibly historical tidbits about great couples like Diamond Jim Brady and Lillian Russell. Our secretary and I joked about doing a book called 'Great Sluts of New York'.

We had the lovely Lois Winston as our guest speaker. I had asked her to speak on contests, the pros and cons, just to give our members an idea of what to look for when entering a contest and what the advantages and disadvantages there are to them. It was very informative. And then it was work and more work over the weekend.

Goal this week is to finish the novella. I have 20 pages to go, including the love scene which should occupy at least 8 pages of that. I read a few pages at our meeting and it seemed to go over well. I'm kind of pleased with it. It's been a long time since I've written anything romance related.

I also have over 200 friends now at My Space. So come by and check it out:

www.myspace.com/elizabethkerrimahon.

Thanks for reading,

EKM

1 comment:

Marley Gibson said...

I've tagged you on on my blog: http://yawriters.blogspot.com

= )