Thursday, June 21, 2007

Now I've seen everything Part Two!

So anyone who reads this blog regularly knows that I have a wicked crush on Josh Bernstein, the host of Digging for the Truth on the Discovery Channel. So imagine my surprise when I was surfing the available men on Match.com and found out that his twin brother Andrew had posted a profile online.

Cool, I thought, and clicked on more to read what the other Mr. Bernstein was looking for. Imagine my surprise when I read his snarky profile. The gist of it was that he'd moved back to New York from LA, and he was looking for some one. His friends had suggested he try Match.com. Apparently he'd tried it a few years ago, and thought it was full of freaks. However, he'd been assured that things had changed.

What's he looking for in a woman? A non-drinker between the ages of 22 and 32, with either a graduate degree or who likes dogs. Oh, and if you're out of that age range, don't even bother him. What I'd like to know is which is more important; the graduate degree or the liking dogs? And why not go even further and ask for their IQ and cup size? The whole age range thing didn't bother me nearly as much as the requirement of a graduate degree. However, after that whole Mark Phillapousis show Age of Love where older woman are called cougars, and he practically freaks out when they show up and then has the nerve to be amazed that they look good, my hackles were raised.

So the cheeky cougar that I am; I emailed him to say that it's too bad that he's not interested in older women because we can be just as much fun as our younger counterparts. I also told him that I wished him well in his search, since he seemed like an interesting guy. I'm pretty sure he won't respond since after all I'm a full decade older than what he's looking for.

I did find it interesting that his brother also has quite clear requirements for the woman of his dreams. According to an article in the NY Times, he's looking for a six foot tall blonde who's not only Jewish but who likes to go hiking, and camping and all that other outdoorsy stuff.

Good luck with that!

EKM

8 comments:

Jan said...

Hi... I have read your blog regularly, I love Josh too.
A question: Why do you know that he is Andrew? does he say it? is it current? is there picture? Can you tell me the nick of him? ...

Regards,

Janeth
janjanmd@hotmail.com
my blog: http://janlinvinginny.blogspot.com/

Elizabeth Kerri Mahon said...

Yeah, it's him. There are two many pictures on the profile for it to be anybody but Andrew Bernstein. He even has baby pictures of him and Josh. Unless his friends who have access to his personal pictures put it up. I don't remember the total nickname. It was Andrew something. If you are a member of Match.com and you look up members with the name Andrew, you should find him.

Jan said...

Grazie...

zone said...

Hi i did try to find him on Match but i can't. I looked under the name of andrew and did a search based on him and i can't find him. Do you or can you try to find it and give us his name or the criteria. I am just really really curious.
Thanks
Zone

Elizabeth Kerri Mahon said...

Sure, I can post that information tomorrow. Unfortunately my job has match.com blocked. He's Andrew and then some number. I'm wondering if he's getting bombarded with emails from women or if they realize that he's Josh's brother and they're all anxious to get close to him through Andrew.

zone said...

thanks - i am just curious. He prob is being bombarded by people.
LOL
Zone

Elizabeth Kerri Mahon said...

Okay, ladies,

Here it is. His match.com name Andrew0224.

zone said...

thank you - u r awesome