Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Top Chef Day!

Yeah, tonight is the first night for season 3 of Top Chef and I'm so excited. In fact I'm so excited that I hope that I get to write the show tonight at my night job even though it means I probably won't get home until 2 or 3 in the morning.

But more than that I am so jealous that my good friend KMJ got to meet Sam Talbot from Top Chef 2 in Union Square yesterday. Here she is snuggling up with my future boy toy. Thank god, she had a cell phone cam.
KMJ, get your hands off him, he's mine! God, he's hot. I'm getting all sweaty just thinking about it and it's freezing today.

Apparently, the rest of the Top Chef gang was there: Ted Allen, Padma, and my other man, Tom Colicchio, who I would totally do if he weren't married.

Here are Padma, Ilan and Sam getting ready for a Top Chef challenge, which apparently Ilan won. Once again my boy Sam was robbed!
So, after watching last week's one-off, between Season 1 and Season 2, I've come to the conclusion that Season 2 was a bunch of divas. Just watching Harold, the winner of the first season, skillfully make his dish with no drama, was a pleasure. I can't wait to get together with friends to eat in his new restaurant Perilla which is getting rave reviews.


I will however give kudos to Ilan who realized that he's not quite ready to have his own kitchen. I don't know what that means for the money that he won, if he's got it socked away some where for the day he does open his own place. Oh, and I found it amusing that Marcel accused Ilan of being a one trick pony with his Spanish food, when Marcel is incapable of making a dish without foam!


It'll be interesting to see where the third season lies: will they be the professionals of Season 1 or the drama queens of Season 2 or somewhere in between.


Enjoy and thanks for reading!
EKM


No comments: