Friday, August 18, 2006

Looking for Love in all the wrong places


Okay, I just discovered there was a hot Brit at the RWA Conference and I totally missed him! Why? Because I was too busy scarfing books to go to the Black Lace workshop, and checking out Bob Mayer in his Hawaiian shirt (why do I find him strangely compelling?). Not to mention the doings that were going on in the Grand Lounge on Friday night (check Smart Bitches if you want to know the scoop. Link is on the right). Damn it! I might just have to write a steamy erotic novel to send to Black Lace!

In the meantime, my own pathetic love life continues apace. But you know what I've learned alot and I didn't need to spend $12.95 to buy Greg Berendt's book, "He's just not into you."
So it's back to the drawing board of 8 minute dates and fix-ups. My horoscope in Marie Claire says that I'm going to meet a great guy through friends, so here's hoping that for once they're right.

Thanks for reading!

EKM

4 comments:

Nienke Hinton said...

I think it would be easy to use the "he's just not into you" excuse for everything. People do have full lives, don't forget. If you really need a reason why he's not calling, you should use this saying, "he knows he's just not good enough for me."

;)
And that's your motivational insight for today. LOL

Elizabeth Kerri Mahon said...

I like that. "He knows he's just not good enough for me." I think I'm going to use that from now on!

MJFredrick said...

I like that, too! BEcause, dang, E, he doesn't know what he's missing.

I met the cute Brit - one of my cps is also doing publicity for Black Lace. He was a bit overwhelmed, from what I saw.

Elizabeth Kerri Mahon said...

Really, you met him? And is he single? Sigh! I'm sure he was overwhelmed what with all those women swooning over his British accent, and wanting to jump on the Erotica bandwagon or just wanting to jump on him! Your cps is so lucky to be doing publicity for Black Lace. Hmm, I wonder if I could interview him for Keynotes?