Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Sweet Savage Bin Laden

Oh My God. I just read the funniest excerpt in Harpers magazine (not to be confused with Harpers Bazaar, which is a completely different animal).

Kola Boof wrote a book called "Diary of a Lost girl: The Autobiography of Kola Boof" where she claims that she was Osama bin Laden's love slave for six months on his estate in Morocco in 1996. This excerpt features the worst purple prose I have ever read in my life. I was howling last night when I read it. My favorite bit is when she describes bin Laden as having "a zesty salmon-orange complexion and very sexy Negro-like facial features, forged by generations of desert sun."

I'm wondering if she got hired at Day's of our Lives because of the book or fired because of it. Even the winners of AAR's Purple Prose parody couldn't come up with some of the gems Kola Boof comes up with.

I'm telling you reading this made my day. If you want to read the whole thing you can read it here. Just don't drink anything while you're reading, or I swear you will spew it.

Then after you read that, check out Popwatch on EW for a spoof mash note from Osama bin Laden to Whitney Houston. You have to scroll down for it, but it's worth it. I'm not quite sure where people were coming from in the comments section. Apparently too many people missed the funny.

Oh, and in other news, Tom Cruise's production company got canned by Paramount. Sumner Redstone felt that Mr. Cruise's behavior reflected badly on the company.

Thanks for reading!

EKM

1 comment:

Amanda McCabe/Amanda Carmack/Laurel McKee said...

Ohmigosh, Elizabeth, that was the funniest thing I've ever read! Thanks for the warning about no drinks, too... :)