Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Drowning in a sea of Books


That's Travis. He's The Bachelor. He actually has nothing to do with my topic, because apart from medical journals and textbooks, I don't think he's actually read a book, but I watched the show last night against my better judgement, and all I have to say, is that the phrase 'we have a connection' has got to be the most overused phrase in the history of the world. And Sarah, just because y'all come from the same town, does not mean that you're meant to be together. If that were true, than I should be any number of people just because we both live in New York City.

Enough said. Now on for today's topic. Yesterday, I made my final decisions about what books to buy with my Amazon gift certificate. I ordered the companion volume to Regency House Party, and a new biography of Consuelo Vanderbilt Balsan, the former Duchess of Marlborough and her mother Alva Vanderbilt Belmont called appropriately Consuleo and Alva, plus several CD's. I really struggled with what to buy, and I decided that it had to be books that I wouldn't ordinarily purchase because they were expensive. Plus, they can be used as research books for the future.

I've seen a few people post about what they're read so far this year, and I'm happy to report that I have read a total of 8 books so far this year.

They are as follows:

Dueling Princes by Tyne O'Connell
Size 12 is not Fat by Meg Cabot
City of Falling Angels by John Berendt
The lastest Gossip Girl by Cecily von Ziegesar
Blow Me Down by Katie Macalister
The Movie Lover's Guide to Hollywood
This Must Be Love by Tui Sutherland
The Ex-Factor by Tracey Kelleher (a novella)
A Murder Solved by Charles Higham

In the TBR pile:

A biography of the Mitford Sisters by Mary Lovell
Rebel Angels by Libba Bray
Jane Millionaire by Janice Lynn
Don't Know Much about Mythology by Kenneth Davis
Julie & Julia
The It Girl by Cecily von Ziegesar
Boy Meets Girl by Meg Cabot

And that's just this week!

What's in your TBR pile?

1 comment:

MJFredrick said...

My TBR is huge, upwards of 100 books. Immediately by my bed are Nora's two latest, Linda Howard's latest, Jane Millionaire, Harley Jane Kozak's first book, Allison Brennan's first book and the last two books from Julie Ortolon's latest trilogy.