Saturday, January 07, 2006

Weekend Paranoia


So I'm here at work without a show to watch yet again, because this time they forgot to assign me anything. Yep, I walked into work and there was nothing on the table with my name on it. This is the second time this has happened to me, and I'm getting a little paranoid. Are they trying to tell me something? I shouldn't complain since I still get paid anyway. I mean after all it was there fault, and I'd schlepped all the way downtown for nothing.


I've included a photo of the ex-pretend boyfriend. He wants me back. The 21 year old he's been dating isn't intellectually stimulating enough for him, so he's been emailing me, and calling me up. It seems that she thought the philospher Plato was Mickey Mouse's dog! I've been very polite but distant. He's going to have to woo me back.

Had my first RWA NYC meeting of the year. I think it went pretty well. We had Erin Cartwright-Niumata who is the editor of Avalon Books. She was a hoot when she talked about being sandwiched between Raelene Gorlinksy and Anna Genoese at conferences and they're talking about how sexy their books are and Avalon Books have no sex in them. At least not the romances. In the mysteries, you can have a whiff of sex off camera as it were.

We got alot done business wise at the meeting. Let the members know what our top 2 choices were for T-shirts, and now I just have to set it up with Cafe Press once we get the actual logo design. I'll be posting info here if anyone wants to take a walk over to see our stuff.

I've added a few new blogs to the list, and deleted a few others. A little New Year's cleaning. I'm hoping to have more author interviews. I just need to figure out how to archive them so that they are easily accessible. If any one has an idea of how to do that with blogger it would much appreciated.

Have a great weekend!

-E

No comments: