Friday, January 20, 2006

Psst! Guilty Secrets

I confess, I have a secret. I like to enter sweepstakes. Yes, I've never met a sweepstakes entry that I haven't filled out, all in the vain hope that I too can win trips, cash, and home make-overs.

I don't play the lottery that often. For one thing, picking lucky numbers eludes me. Do you study the statistics of what's been played, or do you just pick randomly? What about letting the machine pick? Plus, it costs money.

Sweepstakes cost you nothing but the time to fill out the form, and if you enter on-line, sometimes the computer saves your information for you, making it easier. Just today, I entered about 7 sweepstakes, that all offered trips to Europe as their grand prize. And everyday, I go to www.iwon.com and make my 100 entries for the day for the daily grand prize of $10,000.

I'm also totally into home improvement sweepstakes. What better way to fix up my apartment than to have someone do it for me. I've event thought about signing up for those shows on HGTV and the Style Network. Anything rather than have to do the work myself! I even once spent a month trying to win 400 pairs of Manolo Blahnik shoes!

Occasionally, I even win one. Twice, I've won the Time Out offers & competitions. The first prize I won was dinner at Eleven Madison Park and two tickets to see John Lithgow and Eileen Atkins in Return to Moscow. The second time was last summer when I won a night at the Times Square Hilton, and two tickets to see John Lithgow (again) in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. Apparently, Mr. Lithgow is like some kind of good luck charm for me.

If I didn't work for the company, I would be all over www.rewardtv.com but it's kind of unethical for me since I wrote some of the questions!

I'm addicted. I wonder if there's a twelve step program for it? But hey I'm not the only one. Julianne Moore was just in a movie where she played a woman who supported her ten children by winning commercial jingle contests.

Anyone else find themselves filling out those little forms on line?

No comments: