Monday, January 30, 2006

Mea Culpas

Well, I've done it again. Gone and offended someone with my blog. My friend, who invited me to the Burns supper, took offense to how I categorized some of the people that I met at the party. It certainly wasn't done to be offensive or to poke fun at anyone, it was simply a short-hand attempt to convey a sense of character in as few words as possible.

My whole purpose in writing the entry was to poke fun at myself, and to say that I simply don't know how to date anymore, and that I'm worried about dying alone, never having met anyone that could measure up to my ex or to my own expectations of a life partner.

Clearly I should have stated that the men were perfectly nice but not for me. I apologize for not including that in my entry for the day.

Instead, my word portraits caused offense, for which I'm truly sorry. I'm always nervous about writing about my life particularly my non-writing life. I don't know how some writers do it. I certainly haven't managed that balance. I could never write a memoir because I would spend most of my time writing apology letters to people. Not that I have anything really worth interesting to say.

It seems that you are damned if you do, and damned if you don't.

So, I guess I'm going to just have to stick to blogging about my writing, and various celebrity foibles and keep my private life to myself.

No comments: